- 📝 I kicked off the year with a post about my intentions in 2021, organising my digital space, thoughts on Apple Fitness+ and being intentional on Instagram.
- 💜 That’s all the “content” that I created this month. I’m still feeling quite burnt out from all I dipped my fingers in last year, so taking a little break from everything else apart from my blog.
- 🦄 I’ve updated my “Support Me” page with more ways that you can support yo gal!
Career / Learning
- 💻 I started my new job in tech this month!!! I’m officially a DevOps Engineer and so far, I’m absolutely loving it.
- 🧠 I’ve been learning so much! Kubernetes and Chef mostly this month, but wow… My brain is definitely taking a lot in 🤯
- ✨ Maybe it is the fresh motivation at the start of every year, I’ve smashed some of my Apple Watch goals and overall enjoying my workouts at home right now
- 🚶🏻♀️I’ve been trying to get 8,000 – 10,000 steps a day using my treadmill, so far, I’ve hit that goal quite a few times this month. Chuffed with myself 😁
- 💉 The UK is in its third lockdown, but the vaccine news looks promising
- 🎹 Matt and I got a small keyboard recently, we’ve been learning how to play the piano using the Simply Piano app. It’s been a nice change to learn something non-tech related!
- 🎮 I completed Zelda BOTW and it has had to be one of the best games I’ve ever played
- 💰 I’ve been listening to a lot of finance podcasts recently which has inspired me to focus on throwing extra money in investments. I’m going to make this year my best personal finance year!
3 things that made me happy
1) Starting my new job!
Although it has no doubt been difficult to start a new job remotely, I’ve felt overall positive about it all. When I first logged onto a totally unfamiliar Slack channel, I was terrified and that feeling of initial regret and doubt creeped in.
As the days went on and I got used to the processes, the people and learning from all the inductions, I began to feel that excitement on all the potential learning and growth. Bring it on! 👊🏻
I’ve also taken the time to celebrate how far I’ve come. 2018 me would’ve never imagined what a bit of persistence and grit could do!
2) Positive news
With all the bad news that seem to never stop, it’s important to actively look for good news too. I’ve tried to focus on this more than ever. With the vaccine news, I’m feeling optimistic about the next few months.
3) Prioritizing my mental health
Work has been so wonderful in stressing the point that our well-being is more important than ever during this time.
Because of this focus, I’ve felt quite supported to make sure that I make positive steps towards ensuring my mental health and well-being is always on top of my to-do list.
For instance, I’ve felt less guilty going for a walk in the middle of the day or resting my eyes from screens for half an hour in my work days. All of this adds up and could be the reason I’m feeling more optimistic and in a great headspace than previous months! 😊
January in Photos
- 🎹 New keyboard and Simply Piano (app) to learn how to play the piano!
- 🍿 Matt and I watched one of my old favourite films “All Dogs Go to Heaven 2” Talk about nostalgia.
- 🧑🏻💼 I’ve been enjoying watching The Office (US) for the first time. I’ve heard a lot about it and tried watching both the UK and US versions a few months ago, but I just didn’t enjoy it at all. I gave it another go and have to say it’s absolutely hilarious and getting me through lockdown 3 😂
- 👑 Matt and I have continued to watch The Crown. We’re on Season 3 heading onto Season 4! Again, another series getting us through lockdown.
- 🍎 Apple Fitness + has been absolutely fantastic. I like to switch up my routines here and there, Apple Fitness + has been great for this!
Quote of the Month
Continuing to try my best 😊
Leave a Reply