- 💜 For Inspiring Figures this month, I spoke to Esraa Dandash! 😊 You can check out our full conversation on YouTube or read the write-up here.
- 📝 On the blog, I wrote an updated post on my home-gym, some study notes for my AWS exam and how I’ve started walking and working with a DIY treadmill desk.
- 🎙 On the podcast, I talked about normalising periods and the difference between being inspired vs blatant copying.
- 🎤 My colleagues and I will be speaking at this year’s SRECON 2020. I’m pumped!
- 💜 I hosted several mentoring sessions for the Code First: Girls Fellowship Programme. It is officially done tonight – it’s been a pleasure to be a part of!
- 💫 As part of my friend Francesco’s “Talking With…” Series, I was lucky enough to feature in it! We talked about my tech background, communities, my creator journey and the importance of taking care of yourself as a techie.
- 🎮 I started playing Zelda for the first time on my Switch. It’s an amazing game! It has been great to help me escape reality for a bit…
- ‼️ Lockdown 2 happened.
- ⌚️ My friend Georgie and I did an Apple Watch/Activity competition this month, it was a lot of fun. It made my workouts for a week very interesting 😂 Spoiler alert: Georgie won. Lmao.
- 🇺🇸 I became ridiculously invested in US politics.
- 🚶🏻♀️I’ve enjoyed using my foldable treadmill this month! I’ve managed to improve my step count for just walking as I work.
- 🥲 I broke my dont-buy-anything-sports-wear-related this Black Friday with a few minutes online at Crop Shop Boutique. 😅
- 💻 Apple Event happened. But I have been convinced not to get the new M1 Macbook Pro and wait for the next one after that. Holding off some more.
- ☁️ I’ve continued my daily studying for my AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam. I’m almost at Day 60 of continuous learning but hoping to push it to 100 at this point! I also booked my exam for December (second time lucky?)
- 🤯 I have sort of made an announcement to some colleagues, on Fleet and Instagram Stories (where my updates disappear after 24 hours, conveniently lol) More on that in a future post! I don’t think I’m ready yet. 🥲
3 Things that made me happy
I’ve been dealing with lockdown by playing a new game on my Switch. Zelda has been fun! 🌿 I’ve also tried more than ever to be unapologetic about spending time playing games rather than doing something “productive“.
2) Studying and learning
I had this in my reflection last month, but it’s definitely something I’m finding has helped me keep afloat rather than stressing out about everything going on. Plus, I always enjoy learning new things 😊
3) My iPad
I’m just appreciating my iPad again! I can’t believe how useful it is. 😂 I’ve used it as my primary study tool, workout tracker and for my creator content. I even edited my latest podcast episode all on it!
November in Photos
- 🍎 My iPad Air (2019) – I think I’ve appreciated it again and all its capabilities! Although I wish I waited a few months for the latest version of the iPad Air, it’s still such a powerful device. I’m blown away!
- 🎮 Zelda Breath of the Wild
- 📺 The Umbrella Academy
- 🎶 Fly Away by Tones and I – This song came up at the Apple Event and has been stuck in my head since.
Quote of the month
- 🙏🏻 Finishing things off at work
- 🏡 Returning home to see my family! The last time I saw them was in August. I’m looking forward to it. 😊
- 😴 Having a much-needed break