February has been a month of celebration – as it always is every year. 😊 I’m looking forward to another month closer to spring and summer. 🌸
- 💇🏻♀️ I got a hair cut! I had 3 inches cut off 😬
- 💖 Matt and I celebrated our 3 years together! He surprised me with a trip to Greece
- 🎂 We celebrated Matt’s birthday this month
- 🌹 We also had a wonderful Valentines Day together
- 🎬 Matt and I watched some awesome films and shows this month
- 👗 I’ve done a clear out of some of my old clothes that don’t fit anymore, and made space for new ones (all second hand from Depop)
- 📆 This was my final month in my third rotation as part of my BT graduate scheme (time has flown by!)
- ☁️ I’ve been doing bits of revision for my upcoming Solutions Architect Associate Exam
- 💪🏼 Happy with my consistency at the gym – improving my pull-ups gradually
- 💜 I spoke to Sravanti for Inspiring Figures this month!
- ✍🏻 On the blog, I wrote my first wellness doc, the social media utopia and relationships and inspiring figures for the month.
- 🧹 Cleaned up my blog including improving SEO, cleaning up categories, tags and images
3 Things that made me happy
1. A big surprise
For our 3 year anniversary, Matt surprised me with a trip this summer to Greece. 😱 If you’ve read my previous Greece posts, island hopping around the different Greek islands last year was one of my favourite trips. I say this with everywhere I go, but with the Greek islands, I knew I wanted to go again. You can imagine my surprise when Matt’s gift – a digital letter revealing the surprise every hour revealed a travel itinerary!
The biggest surprise was that Matt managed to organise with my blogging friend, Georgie and her partner, Nick for all of us to meet again this year in Greece. It was such a thoughtful present, and yes, PAWGIE 2020 is so happening! SUPER DUPER EXCITED is an understatement.
2) The past 6 months in Platform Services
I’ll be writing a more detailed post on my rotation in Platform Services soon – but I have to say that I’m really happy that I took the leap and went into a team I knew nothing about. I’ve definitely come out with more knowledge, more skills and more questions as I roll off to my final rotation. This month I’ve been working extra hard on completing current projects and work as well as focusing on the career aspects of the job – i.e. is this area where I want to be?
You can read all about my BT Graduate Scheme here.
3. A chill month
After quite a hectic January, I’ve enjoyed having a pretty relaxed, slow February. The best part? I don’t feel guilty at all for spending most of my free time just doing nothing in particular.
February in Photos
2020 in Progress
Quick snippets of how I think I’m doing with my year goals!
🚀 = excelling
👍🏻 = on track
😶 = OK
👎🏻 = need to improve on
- 👍🏻 Health — happy with my healthy habits, but I still need to be mindful of eating too much junk.
- 👎🏻 Wealth — celebration month, ahhh.
- 👍🏻 Environment — when I wanted to shop, I went for the most environmentally friendly option.
- 👍🏻 Career — feeling pretty positive about the future!
- 🚀 Online — especially applaud this month’s Inspiring Figures and checking out stats since the start of the year. 🤩
- Films I loved: Birds of Prey, Sonic the Hedgehog and Marley and Me (first time I saw it!) You can read all my reviews here.
- Shows I loved: Mr Robot (finished it early in the month, absolutely loved it. A work of art!) and Sex Education (the show I always wanted)
- I’ve shopped second hand goods (almost new in all!) on Depop this month. Better for the environment and my purse!
- I’ve been using Lush’s Shampoo and Conditioner bar as a replacement, helping me reduce my plastic usage. 🙌🏻
Quote of the month
- Better weather would be great, maybe? 🙏
- Starting my final rotation of my graduate scheme 🙌🏻
- Matt and I are doing a weekend trip to (another) seaside! 🐠
Leave a Reply