- 👩🏻💻 It was the final month of my second rotation
- 🏡 Officially been two months since I moved
- 🌿 Wrote a blog post about the recent addition to my life – plants
- ✨ Hit 3 years of #pawgainz
- 🇳🇴 Spent some time exploring the beautiful country of Norway
- 🇬🇧 Also spent some time in Blackpool
- 💜 Matt and I completed Project Pawlean 2.0
- 😊 I was featured on The Yorkshire Post this month where I shared my journey of getting into technology and the BT graduate scheme.
- ⚡️ I was reminded how supportive my community is, there’s nothing I can’t overcome without them.
3 things that made me happy
1️⃣ Weekends travelling
Matt and I spent some weekends this month travelling around which has been a lot of fun! It has been great to get out of the day-to-day and do something different.
Visiting Blackpool was a surprisingly good weekend (we got lucky with the weather!) and Norway was beautiful even though it did hurt the bank a little bit.
Full travel posts coming soon!
2️⃣ Launched Pawlean 2.0
Matt and I worked together over July to recreate my blog’s theme. It may look exactly the same (with minor tweaks) but the tech behind it all is different to traditional PHP. You can read all about the details of the project here.
3️⃣ My second rotation
My second rotation as part of the BT graduate scheme is coming to an end after next week. Its been such a fantastic 6 months with the dev team and I’ve learned so much from everyone. I definitely have come out overall as a much more confident person in my technical skills and beyond. 😊
Looking forward to the next rotation in Platform Engineering! This is going to be a completely new area for me but I can’t wait to get stuck in.
August in Photos
- I can’t stop eating Norwegian chocolate 🍫
- I absolutely love Taylor Swift’s Lover album 💖
- As I travelled a lot this month, my usual favourites include my Eagle Creek Global Companion 40L bag and Bose Q35. 🎒
- I’ve been reading “The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload” and listening to “The Power is Within You” 📚
Quote of the month
- Starting my next rotation in Platform Engineering, I can’t believe I’m already on rotation 3!
- I’m going a few UK trips over the weekends. 😊
- I aim to get back into a good fitness routine – I’m pretty consistent every week, but I could do a lot better with my current split.
Leave a Reply