💭 Looking back at the student cycleOver the last week, I’ve been reminiscing about the academic cycle that students across the UK are all going through. it has about a month since I graduated from the University of Sheffield with a degree in Biomedical Sciences with Employment Experience! Time honestly flies and although it was difficult – from studying, exams, lectures and finding a balance (something you master eventually)… I would love to do it all over again.
🎬 An exciting video projectAs part of welcoming new students into the next chapters of their life (as I start my own – post-academic!!), I had a fantastic opportunity to work on a video project with my university which gave me the chance to:
- Close off my student life, with style 😎
- Welcome new students who received an offer at the university 🎓
- Chow off my hometown and the University of Sheffield (in particular, the Students Union which has been crowned #1 for 10 years straight!) ✨
- Share my love for burritos and Stick-O’s (the things that got me through the 4 years!)
- Continue to be a proud alumnus 🙌🏼
🤳Being the University’s VloggerI’ve worked with the University of Sheffield on numerous other video projects in my final year and took on the official title of the University of Sheffield’s vlogger back in November. This was a fantastic opportunity to:
- Improve my own video editing knowledge and skills as well as presenting and confidence speaking on camera.
- Do what I love alongside my degree i.e. creating!
- Helped me stand out in application processes – you don’t hear “I am a vlogger for my uni.” often, do you? 😆
- Share with students all around campus cool things that they could also get involved in! For example, hackathons or all-female coding courses. Afterall, we all know the impact of ethuastically sharing to inspire.
🌟 Now it’s your turn!I’ll be writing more about my University experience in the next couple of months to look back at my experience and to hopefully help any new students starting the next chapter of their life! In the meantime, you can read some posts I’ve written over my last 4 years on University:
- All my #ShefUniLife experience blog posts
- The University of Sheffield Enterprise Blog
- ScienceBrainwaves contributing posts
Wishing all new students a fantastic start to their new University life this September!
It's been 4 years since I got my offer from @sheffielduni to study @bmssheffield and now I'm graduating (next week!!)— Pauline P. Narvas (@paulienuh) July 14, 2018
Time has flown by.
A lot has happened: I was given so many amazing opportunities here and created my own — incredibly grateful. ✨ #shefunigrad https://t.co/OG5lckv5vl