- 💪🏼 I completed 4 weeks of FitnessBlender’s #FBStrong which mostly focused on strength training incorporated with frequent HIIT sessions. I enjoyed mixing it up from GFG! I’ve now gone back to training individual muscle groups and committing to one day of cardio with LISS during the week. Remember you gotta keep things fun!
DEVELOPMENTS: Work & University
- 🏆 I was invited to J.P Morgan in London to celebrate being in the Top 30, #Future100 list this year. I met some incredible, inspiring ladies who are breaking boundaries at university and beyond! Thanks again to everyone that voted for me.
- 📚 I completed 3/5 of my final exams ever, 2 more this first week of June and then I’m free 🚀
- 💕 This happened. Code First: Girls family for life!
- ✏ Posted 5 blog posts this month
- 🐦 I hit 3k Twitter followers (I aimed for 3k by the end of the year so I’m pretty pleased that I hit it 5 months into 2018 🎉)
- 🆕 Updated my “About” and “Online” pages
- 🎥 I filmed something fun with the creative Bolu Bello and interviewed her as part of this month’s “Inspiring Figures”!
- 👩🏻💻 Did a fresh update on my website!
- 💇🏻♀️ My curls were starting to show and got in the way of my speedy 10 minutes getting ready routine so I had the ends of my hair trimmed and re-bonded again!
- 😁 On my trip to the dentist and optometrist, I asked about my health data specifically the radiograph of my teeth and photo of the back of my eyes because yes, I am still addicted. I received strange looks, but it was worth a shot!
- 🌲 Spent some time in the Peaks and managed to create this month’s video (as part of my New Years goals of posting monthly videos!)
- 🏡 The news is out – I’m moving to Leeds this July to start my first job post-grad and moving into an apartment with Matt!
- 📖 I completed 3 books from my reading list (not academically related, oops)
- 🌊 Matt and I got a GoPro (the Session 5) ready for…
- 🌅 Our trip to Spain next month!
3 THINGS I AM HAPPY ABOUT
1️⃣ Focus on the finish line
Despite having some bad days (I’m only human), I’ve been pretty focused this month with the final full month of being a student. My exams so far haven’t been as terrible as I imagined them to be, I even left feeling quite confident with some. I mean, I gave it my best shot and that is all you can really do at this stage!
Some of my revision has been super fun as well, I mean when I start tweeting about it, you know the interest is real.
— Pauline – 👩🏻🔬🎓 #11Days (@paulienuh) May 24, 2018
Would be interested in your thoughts on this? 🙇🏻♀️
2️⃣ Support during my overwhelm
Of course, again, I’m only human.
Along with my productivity came some days where my anxiety controlled me. I didn’t do anything productive, I would be constantly scared of something that I still can’t put my finger on… I guess that’s what anxiety feels like sometimes. Just totally unspecific and out of the blue!
I’m very fortunate to have such a loving family that has helped me through these difficult emotions (most likely triggered by stress) like my dad didn’t stop trying to get me to the gym (after really being reluctant to go), he said, “Lift it out, sweat it out.” – just as he did when I was at my lowest point two years ago. He’s right though – those endorphins don’t lie! Quick shout out to Matt also for being patient with me when I’m taken back by the overwhelm and reminding me how I much rock. This cited thread was inspired by him:
Not sure if it’s the weather or the 5 new emails of rejection but I need a pick-me-up. Here we go, the ultimate “pick yourself up Pauline, woman up, you’re AMAZING” thread. ⬇
— Pauline – 👩🏻🔬🎓 #11Days (@paulienuh) March 1, 2018
You need to be your biggest cheerleader sometimes.
3️⃣ Creating and shipping every week
Despite being super busy, I’ve taken time to make sure I have some time to sit down and collect my thoughts, publish a post and be creative with editing videos and learning more on both photos and videos over the month.
It has been very therapeutic – part of my self-care routine and vital in my development journey! ✨
May IN PHOTOS
The Moana soundtrack without fail puts a smile to my face, but imagine being this talented to do it all-Moana-related? There – your monthly pawsitivity. 😍🙈
For all my favourite items each month, check out my Amazon list! Makin’ it easier for you 😉
- I usually don’t like wearing glasses on a day-to-day basis because of the convenience of contact lenses (laster eye surgery someday soon!) But they’ve been really useful during this exam season when I can’t be bothered to put in my lenses and when my eyes were drying up from all the reading! The glasses I’ve been wearing recently are the London Retro Camden Glasses from Glasses Direct.
- Matt and I have been talking about getting a GoPro for a while now, I’ve especially been obsessed with learning and watching videos on everything GoPro! We finally settled for the Hero 5 Session. Excited to try it out to its full potential when we go to Spain next month. You can grab one here yourself – it is currently at it’s lowest price!
- For those asking about how I hold all my cards on the back of my phone, I have this a stick-on cardholder that I got from Amazon. You can get one here.
- Progress Bar OSX – Shows you % left in the day, month, year (and life!), motivating when you find yourself procrastinating. I downloaded a similar one on my phone too!
- I’ve committed to reading a non-academic book whenever I can recently and managed to finally complete 3 of the books I started but never got to the end of. Thoroughly enjoyed them all – all fantastic books for self-development.
- How to Be a Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life by Lilly Singh
- Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food by Dr Cate
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
⚡ I WILL…
- (Try and) keep my motivation up for my final two exams!
- Begin organising my stuff for travel and Leeds
- Start Project: social media impact and engagement 🤫
- I turn *queue T. Swift – 22*
- Spanish adventures
- I FINISH MY 4-YEAR UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OMG
- I also finish my part-time job at Enterprise. I’ve enjoyed working part-time throughout my degree – in retail, hospitality and in HE – they’ve been super valuable!
- Giving my final talk for university about professional growth through placements and experience
- I was invited to my first local Blogger event 🎉
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
“There is always something to improve in the world, and that is yourself.”
This made it to my updated “About” page. Absolutely love it!